You can configure certain vApp networks to provide DHCP services to virtual machines in the vApp.
When you enable DHCP for a vApp network, connect a NIC on virtual machine in the vApp to that network, and select DHCP as the IP mode for that NIC, vCloud Director assigns a DHCP IP address to the virtual machine when you power it on.
A routed vApp network or an isolated vApp network.
- Click the My Cloud tab and click vApps in the left pane.
- Right-click a vApp and select Open.
- On the Networking tab, select Show networking details.
- Right-click the vApp network and select Configure Services.
- Click the DHCP tab and select Enable DHCP.
- Type a range of IP addresses or use the default range.
vCloud Director uses these addresses to satisfy DHCP requests. The range of DHCP IP addresses cannot overlap with the static IP pool for the vApp network.
- Set the default lease time and maximum lease time or use the default values and click OK.
- Click Apply.