If your newly created virtual machine has no guest operating system, you must install it before you can install VMware Tools.
You must be at least a vApp User.
You have created a vApp in which you have a blank virtual machine.
- Click My Cloud.
- In the left pane, select .
- On the Virtual Machines tab, select a virtual machine, right-click, and select Power On.
- Log into the virtual machine console and install the guest operating system.
- Install VMware Tools.
- Power off the virtual machine.
- Select the virtual machine, right-click and select Properties.
- On the Guest OS Customization tab, select the Enable guest customization check box.
- Power the virtual machine on.
The guest OS in your newly created virtual machine has been customized.