You can add a virtual hard disk to a virtual machine.
If the virtual machine uses fast provisioning, power off the virtual machine. Non-fast-provisioned virtual machines support adding virtual machine hard disks while the virtual machine is running.
- Click My Cloud.
- In the left pane, click VMs.
- Select a virtual machine, right-click, and select Properties.
- Click the Hardware tab and click Add in the Hard Disks section.
- Select the disk size, bus type, bus number, and unit number and click OK.
- (Optional) Choose a storage policy for the hard disk.
By default, all the hard disks attached to a virtual machine use the storage policy specified for the virtual machine. You can override this default for any of these disks when you create a virtual machine or modify its properties. The Size field for each hard disk includes a drop-down menu that lists all the storage policies available to this virtual machine.Important: You cannot override the default storage policy for any hard disk of a virtual machine that is deployed in a VDC where fast provisioning is enabled.