You can disconnect a virtual machine NIC, change the network to which a NIC connects, select a primary NIC, and change the IP addressing mode for a NIC.
You do not need to power off the virtual machine to edit network interface settings.
- Click My Cloud.
- In the left pane, click VMs.
- Select a virtual machine, right-click, and select Properties.
- Click the Hardware tab, and in the NICs section, select the network settings for each NIC.
Option Action Connected Deselect the check box to disconnect a NIC. Network Select a network from the drop-down menu. Primary NIC Select a primary NIC. The primary NIC setting determines the default and only gateway for the virtual machine. The virtual machine can use any NIC to connect to virtual and physical machines that are directly connected to the same network as the NIC, but it can only use the primary NIC to connect to machines on networks that require a gateway connection. IP Mode Select an IP mode.
- Static - IP Pool pulls IP addresses from the network's IP pool.
- Static - Manual allows you to specify an IP address.
- DHCP pulls IP addresses from a DHCP server.
IP Address If you selected Static - Manual, type an IP address.
- Click OK.