If you pause, cancel, or interrupt the upload of a media file, you can resume it.
If you have to pause the upload of a media file, you can resume the process later.
- If you log out of vCloud Director and log back in, the transfer history is lost. You cannot resume the upload.
- The default timeout for pending transfer sessions is 60 minutes. For information about changing the default, see https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2149250.
- During pending or stopped transfers, a keep-alive heartbeat of the session is generated every 15 minutes. To ensure that the session does not time out when tasks are paused, make sure that you set the session timeout value to more than 15 minutes.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined Catalog Author role or an equivalent set of rights.
- In the Launch the Uploads and Downloads Progress Window, under > Upload, click Pause or Cancel.
The status changes to Stopped in the progress window and Waiting in the Media Files page.
- In the Launch the Uploads and Downloads Progress Window, click Resume.
The upload or the download process resumes.
- You can monitor the progress in the Launch the Uploads and Downloads Progress window.