vCloud Director 188.8.131.52 for Service Providers | 30 OCT 2018 | Build 10585452
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
To access the full set of product documentation, go to VMware vCloud Director for Service Providers Documentation.
Specify a vApp attribute name with ASCII characters only. Otherwise, the vApp cannot move from one Organization vDC to another.
- Deploying a vApp on a Storage DRS cluster using vCloud Director fails with
Insufficient disk space on datastoreerror message
In environments that include multiple parallel vApp deployments as part of the same Storage DRS cluster, the Storage DRS reserves a double amount of space while generating recommendations for virtual disk placement, which causes an
Insufficient disk space on datastoreerror message.
- Reconfiguring a virtual machine through API does not update the machine's network configuration
When changing the configuration of a VM through API, if the body of the
RASDresource type elements in the
VirtualHardwareSectionbut does not contain the
NetworkConnectionSectionelement, the VM does not connect to the network it was previously assigned to use.
- The vCloud Director User Interface Portal Extensibility plug-ins based on Angular HttpClient or RxJS operators cannot be uploaded to the Service Provider Admin Portal
The vCloud Director User Interface Portal Extensibility cannot upload plug-ins that are based on Angular HttpClient or RxJS operators to the Service Provider Admin Portal.
- When using both VMFS5 and VMFS6 file systems in a datastore cluster, the datastore information does not update
When a vCloud Director datastore cluster uses both VMFS5 and VMFS6 datastores, the information on the datastore view in the vCloud Director Web console does not update.
- You cannot select an organization virtual data center network as a distributed firewall object unless this network is created in the same organization virtual data center
You can use organization virtual data center network as a distributed firewall object at a source and destination level only if the network belongs to the same organization virtual data center.
- Properties under Edge Gateways tab in the vCloud Director Web Console opens with an error message
If the load balancer of an edge gateway is configured with virtual servers whose names contain
httpsas either a prefix or a suffix, opening the Properties of the Edge Gateways tab fails with a
- Earlier versions of the vCloud Director Client Integration Plug-In cannot run on vCloud Director 184.108.40.206
Some versions of the vCloud Director Client Integration Plug-In do not work with vCloud Director 220.127.116.11. You must update the vCloud Director Client Integration Plug-In to a later version. For security reason, you update vCloud Director for Service Providers and the vCloud Director Client Integration Plug-In separately. For more information, see: Download and Install the vCloud Director Client Integration Plug-In (2145401)
- Changing the Properties of an Edge Gateway by using either the vCloud Director Web Console or the vSphere Web Client reverts the value of Maximum Transmission Unit to 1500 and breaks the OSPF relationship
When you change the Properties of Edge Gateways in either vCloud Director Web Console or vSphere Web Client, the Maximum Transmission Unit reverts to 1500. The change breaks the OSPF relationship, which enables the Edge Services Gateway to learn and advertise routes among edge gateways.
- Importing a VM from vSphere to a vApp does not move the VM to the corresponding vApp folder in the vCenter Server inventory
When you import a VM from vSphere to an existing vApp by using the vCloud Director Web Console, the VM does not move to the corresponding vApp folder in the vCenter Server inventory.
- The vCloud Director Web Console displays incorrect usage information for some organization virtual data centers
In the Manage & Monitor tab, the Organization VDCs page shows incorrect information for vApps, processors, and memory for organization virtual data centers with the allocation pool allocation model and multiple storage profiles.
- You can bypass the Storage I/O Control by setting the virtual disk IOPS to 0 in vCloud Director
You can configure the IOPS value of a VM virtual disk to 0, which results in generating unlimited IOPS load and exceeding the maximum value.
- Task status fails to update when installing a new host in the vCenter Server and add the host to a vSphere Distributed Switch
When you install a new host in the vCenter Server and add the host to a vSphere distributed switch, more than 3000 data object change, depending on the number of port groups in the vSphere distributed switch. vCloud Director cannot process the changes fast enough and fails to update the task status.
- Existing LDAP over SSL connections might fail after the patch is applied
vCloud Director 18.104.22.168 uses Java 8 Update 181, which introduces improved LDAP support.
Workaround: Verify that you have a properly constructed SSL certificate. For information, see the Java 8 Release Changes at https://www.java.com.