vCloud Director 184.108.40.206 for Service Providers | 31 JAN 2019 | Build 11994470 (installed build 11977810)
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
To access the full set of product documentation, go to VMware vCloud Director for Service Providers Documentation.
- Importing a powered off VM or VM template from vCenter Server to vCloud Director places the VM or VM template in an Edge datastore
When you import a VM or VM template from vCenter Server to vCloud Director, the VM or the VM template is placed in the Edge datastore instead of being placed in the payload datastore. The issue occurs in vCloud Director with a provider VDC that uses two or more resource pools and one of the resource pools uploads to the Edge.
- Creating a VXLAN network pool in vCloud Director that is backed by multiple vCenter Server instances might fail
If vCloud Director is backed by multiple vCenter Server instances with similar NSX transport vdnscope IDs, you cannot create a VXLAN network pool by using the UI. The following error occurs:
NSX Transport zone vdnscope-xx is in use by VXLAN Network Pool xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx.
- Customization of a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server or SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15 guest operating system fails
After you deploy a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server or SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15 VM with enabled guest OS customization, the guest OS customization fails due to missing support for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server or Desktop 15.
- vCloud Director does not retain existing rule IDs for distributed firewall rules that are modified by using vCloud Director Tenant Portal
When you enable the distributed firewall on the organization VDC and create a new firewall rule by using the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, the existing rule IDs change without modifying the existing rules
- ISO files cannot be uploaded to the vCloud Director with a single provider VDC that uses two or more resource pools and one of the resource pools is configured to deploy the Edge
If you configure vCloud Director with a provider VDC that uses two or more resource pools and one of the resource pools deploys the Edge, tenant users cannot upload ISO files in the catalog. The tenants cannot access the ISO files that are placed in the Edge datastore because the Edge datastore is not available for other resource pools.
- Editing the description of a VM by using the vCloud Director Tenant Portal or the vCloud Director Web Console results in a duplicate metadata entry
When you edit the description of a VM by using the vCloud Director Tenant Portal or the vCloud Director Web Console, the update creates a duplicate metadata entry.
- The Monitoring Chart of the vCloud Director Tenant Portal does not show disk metrics for intervals of one hour and half an hour
When you monitor VMs in the vCloud Director Tenant Portal by using the Metrics Dashboard of the Monitoring Chart, the Disk used latest and Disk provisioned latest metrics for one hour and half an hour do not appear in the chart.
- A vRealize Orchestrator for vCloud Director 9.1.0.x workflow is executed twice with a single call from the vCloud Director Tenant Portal or the vCloud Director Web Console
When you execute a workflow by using the vRealize Orchestrator for vCloud Director 9.1.0.x plug-in with a single call from the vCloud Director Tenant Portal or the vCloud Director Web Console, the workflow is executed twice.
- Managing an external network that is backed by multiple vCenter Server port groups fails
The following issues occur when you attempt to manage external network that is backed by multiple vCenter Server port groups:
- You cannot create a direct organization VDC network, because the organization VDC network wizard does not appear for external networks.
- External networks are not accessible for all vCloud Director service providers.
- The Edges that are connected to the external network cannot choose the proper network port group.
- You cannot access the vCloud Director Tenant Portal in a multi-cell environment behind a load balancer that is configured with public addresses
If you deploy a multi-cell vCloud Director 220.127.116.11 environment behind a load balancer that is configured with public addresses, you cannot access the vCloud Director Tenant Portal due to the following error:
No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' in browser.
- Synchronizing a vApp template between vCloud Director 9.5.x and an earlier version of vCloud Director fails
If you run vCloud Director 9.5.x and you navigate to My Organization’s Catalogs, synchronizing of a vApp template fails when the subscriber runs an earlier version of vCloud Director. The synchronization fails with a
Failed to Createstatus and a
Validation failed for the OVF file you providederror.
- Editing an organization VDC network with a routed connection fails
When you attempt to edit an organization VDC network with a routed connection, the edit fails with a
java.lang.NullPointerExceptionerror due to a default maximum transmission unit check that is no longer required in VMware NSX for vSphere 6.4.x.
- Using the vCloud Director REST API to query an organization VDC or all organization VDCs does not return statuses for fast and thin provisioning
When you run the
/api/query?type=orgVdcREST API query, the REST API response body does not contain statuses for fast and thin provisioning.
- Using the vCloud Director REST API to run a GET query might not return a correct content-type in the response body
When you run GET queries by using the vCloud Director REST API, the content-type in the responses for the queries below appear wrong:
GET /api/vApp/vm-xxxxxquery responds with content-type
GET /api/vAppTemplate/vm-xxxxxquery responds with content-type
GET /api/query?type=<any>&format=idrecordsquery responds with content-type
GET /api/queryquery responds with content-type