You can create a new standalone virtual machine.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore.
The list of virtual machines displays in a grid view.
- Choose whether you want to view virtual machines in vApps or standalone VMs.
The subset of virtual machines displays in a card view.
- In the Look in field, select All VMs, Standalone VMs, or VMs in vApps.
- Click Create VM.
- Enter the name and the computer name for the virtual machine.
Important: The computer name can contain only alphanumeric characters and cannot consist of digits only.
- Select the virtual data center to associate with the virtual machine.
- Select whether you want the virtual machine to power on right after it is created.
- (Optional) Enter a meaningful description.
- Select how you want to deploy the virtual machine.
Option Action New You deploy a new virtual machine with customizable settings.
- Select an Operating System family and Operating System.
- (Optional) Select a Boot image.
- Select the size of the virtual machine or click Customize to enter the Compute and Memory and Storage settings manually.
The size of the virtual machine can be as small, medium or large.
- Specify the network settings for the virtual machine, such as Network, IP mode, IP address, and primary NIC.
From Template You deploy a virtual machine from a template that you select from the templates catalog.
- Click OK to save the settings of the virtual machine and to start the creation process.
You can see the card of the virtual machine in the catalog. Until the virtual machine is created, its state is displayed as Busy.