In the advanced settings, you can configure the resource allocation settings (shares, reservation, and limit) to determine the amount of CPU, memory, and storage resources provided for a virtual machine.
A reservation pool virtual datacenter.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore.
The list of virtual machines displays in a grid view.
- Choose whether you want to view virtual machines in vApps or standalone VMs.
The subset of virtual machines displays in a card view.
- In the Look in field, select All VMs, Standalone VMs, or VMs in vApps.
- In the card of the virtual machine you want to edit, click Details.
- Click the Advanced menu to edit the resource allocation settings.
- For the CPU settings, set the resource allocations shares, reservation, and limit.
- For the Memory settings, set the resource allocations shares, reservation, and limit.
- For the Metadata settings, enter the metadata.