vCloud Director 184.108.40.206 for Service Providers | 13 DEC 2018 | Build 11038216 (installed build 11038232)
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
To access the full set of product documentation, go to VMware vCloud Director for Service Providers Documentation.
- Moving a large vApp from one оrganization VDC to another оrganization VDC results with a failure
When you attempt to move a large vApp from one оrganization VDC to another оrganization VDC in a multi-cell environment, the operation fails and the source vApp is deleted.
- You cannot create an organization VDC with a routed network if you disconnect the Edge Gateway interface by using the NSX Manager
If you disconnect the Edge Gateway interface by using the NSX Manager, you cannot create a routed organization VDC network due to the following error message:
Cannot deploy organization VDC network (xxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx)
Failed to connect interface of edge gateway automation-gateway to organization VDC network org-vdc-network
- Failed to connect interface of edge gateway automation-gateway to organization VDC network org-vdc-network
- No subnet participation specified for external network automation-routed-network-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxx-xxxxxxxx
- A direct organization VDC network from an external network cannot be updated
When you create a direct organization VDC network from an external network and attach a VM, the subnet of the VM cannot be updated if you assign an IP that is outside the IP range of the external network allocation pool.
- In a multi-cell environment with a Provider VDC, shared networks appear as duplicate networks
When you configure a multi-cell environment with a Provider VDC and you navigate to the organization VDC networks, you see shared organization VDC networks as duplicate.
- Customization of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and Desktop 15 guest operating system fails
After you deploy a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and Desktop 15 VM with guest OS customization enabled, the guest OS customization is failing due to missing support for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and Desktop 15.
- Fast provisioning from a RAID-5 or a RAID-6 flash source vSAN datastore to a hybrid RAID-1 destination vSAN datastore fails
When you perform a fast provisioning from a RAID-5 or a RAID-6 flash source vSAN datastore to a hybrid RAID-1 destination vSAN datastore, vCenter Server uses the source policy by default and the fast provisioning fails.
- vCloud Director does not retain existing rule IDs for distributed firewall rules that are modified through vCloud Director Tenant Portal
When you enable the distributed firewall on the organization VDC and create a new firewall rule through the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, the existing rule IDs change without modifying the existing rules.
- ISO files cannot be uploaded to the vCloud Director with a single provider VDC that uses two or more resource pools and one of the resource pools is configured to deploy the Edge
If you have configured vCloud Director with a single provider VDC that uses two or more resource pools and one of the resource pools deploys the Edge, tenant users cannot upload ISO files in the catalog. The tenants cannot access the ISO files that are placed in the Edge datastore because the Edge datastore is not available for other resource pools.
- An external network that is backed by multiple port groups cannot be managed
The following issues appear when you attempt to manage external network that is backed by multiple vCenter Server port groups:
- A direct organization VDC Network cannot be created in a VDC, because the organization VDC network wizard does not appear for external networks.
- External networks are not accessible for all providers.
- Edges connected to external networks cannot choose the proper network port group, if the provider network is backed by multiple port groups.