Edge gateways provide firewall protection for incoming and outgoing sessions.
You can set the default firewall action to deny or allow all traffic. You can also add specific firewall rules to allow or deny traffic that matches the rules to pass through the firewall. These rules take precedence over the set default. See Add a Firewall Rule for an Edge Gateway
System administrators and organization administrators can configure edge gateway firewalls.
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab and click Organization VDCs in the left pane.
- Double-click the organization virtual datacenter name to open the organization virtual datacenter.
- Click the Edge Gateways tab, right-click the edge gateway name, and select Edge Gateway Services.
- Click the Firewall tab and select Enable firewall to enable firewall services, or deselect it to disable firewall services.
- Select the default firewall action.
Option Description Deny Blocks all traffic except when overridden by a firewall rule. Allow Allows all traffic except when overridden by a firewall rule.
- (Optional) Select the Log check box to log events related to the default firewall action.
- Click OK.