You can create a new standalone virtual machine.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore and select Virtual Machines from the left panel.
- Click to view the list in a card view and, optionally, filter the list of virtual machines from the Look in drop-down menu.
- Click Create VM.
- Enter the name and the computer name for the virtual machine.
Important: The computer name can contain only alphanumeric characters and cannot consist of digits only.
- Select whether you want the virtual machine to power on right after it is created.
- (Optional) Enter a meaningful description.
- Select how you want to deploy the virtual machine.
Option Action New You deploy a new virtual machine with customizable settings.
- Select an Operating System family and Operating System.
- (Optional) Select a Boot image.
- Select the size of the virtual machine or click Customize to enter the compute, memory, and storage settings manually.
The size of the virtual machine can be as small, medium, or large.
- Specify the network settings for the virtual machine, such as network, IP mode, IP address, and primary NIC.
From Template You deploy a virtual machine from a template that you select from the templates catalog.
- Click OK to save the settings of the virtual machine and to start the creation process.
You can see the card of the virtual machine in the catalog. Until the virtual machine is created, its state is displayed as Busy.