You can download a vApp as an OVF package or as an OVA, which is a single file distribution of the same OVF file package.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined vApp Author role or an equivalent set of rights.
Verify that the vApp is powered off and undeployed.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore, and select vApps from the left panel.
- Click to view the vApps in a card view.
- From the More menu of the vApp that you want to download, select Download.
- (Optional) Select Preserve identity information to include the UUIDs and MAC addresses of the vApp's virtual machines in the downloaded OVF package.
- Click OK to confirm the selection and finish the download.