You cannot change the interface of an existing network by editing the network properties. If you have to change the interface of a network from internal to subinterface or distributed routing, for example, you must convert the interface of the network.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined Organization Administrator role or an equivalent set of rights.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore, and select Networks from the left panel.
- Select the network you want to convert.
- Click Convert to.
- Choose an option and click OK.
The options vary depending on the interface type of the network.
- Select Convert to Internal to connect the network to a free interface on the attached gateway.
- Select Convert to Subinterface to connect the network as a subinterface to the trunk interface on the attached gateway.
- Select Convert to Distribute Routing so that the network uses distributed routing associated with the attached gateway.
- Wait until the network converts to the selected type.