You can add a virtual machine to a vApp.
You must be an organization administrator or vApp author to access virtual machines in public catalogs.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore, and select vApps from the left panel.
- Click to view the vApps in a card view.
- From the More menu of the vApp to which you want to add a virtual machine, select Add VM.
The list of virtual machines that are associated to the vApp displays in the Add VMs window.
- To create a new virtual machine and associate it with the vApp automatically, click Add Virtual Machine.
- Enter the name and the computer name for the virtual machine.
Important: The computer name can contain only alphanumeric characters and cannot consist of digits only.
- Select whether you want the virtual machine to power on right after it is created.
- (Optional) Enter a meaningful description.
- Select how you want to deploy the virtual machine.
Option Action New You deploy a new virtual machine with customizable settings.
- Select an Operating System family and Operating System.
- (Optional) Select a Boot image.
- Select the size of the virtual machine or click Customize to enter the compute, memory, and storage settings manually.
The size of the virtual machine can be as small, medium, or large.
- Specify the network settings for the virtual machine, such as network, IP mode, IP address, and primary NIC.
You can keep the default network configuration that uses the Org VDC network assigned to the vApp.
From Template You deploy a virtual machine from a template that you select from the templates catalog.
- Click OK to create the virtual machine.