vCloud Director 220.127.116.11 for Service Providers | 11 JUL 2019 | Build 14106983 (installed build 14106990)
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
- What's New
- System Requirements and Installation
- Previous Releases of vCloud Director 9.5.x for Service Providers
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
The vCloud Director 18.104.22.168 for Service Providers Express Patch Release | 11 JUL 2019 | Build 14106983 (installed build 14106990) provides bug fixes, updates the vCloud Director appliance base OS and the vCloud Director open-source components.
System Requirements and Installation
For information about system requirements, see vCloud Director 9.5 for Service Providers Release Notes.
To access the full set of product documentation, go to VMware vCloud Director for Service Providers Documentation.
Previous Releases of vCloud Director 9.5.x for Service Providers
See the vCloud Director 9.5.x Release notes for other Known Issues and Resolved Issues.
- NEW You cannot assign the default storage policy to a VM hard disk
You want to add a virtual machine hard disk to an already created VM. In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, when you navigate to Virtual Machines > select the card of the VM > Details > Hardware, the drop-down menu under Policy in the Hard Disks section does not display the
Use Default VMoption, and you cannot assign the default storage policy to the virtual machine hard disk.
- The federation metadata spring_saml_metadata.xml generates with a deprecated certificate SHA-1
The federation metadata
spring_saml_metadata.xmlgenerates with the deprecated Secure Hash Algorithm 1 (SHA-1) instead of SHA-256.
- Unable to attach another external network to an edge, when the same edge is used as an egress point.
If an edge is used as an egress point to deploy a data center group and stretch network, you cannot attach another external network to the same edge. You get an error message:
com.vmware.vcloud.common.network.VsmException: Vnic indexes should be unique. Multiple Vnics have same index 0., error code 10149 at com.vmware.vcloud.fabric.nsm.error.NetworkSecurityErrorHandler.processException(NetworkSecurityErrorHandler.java:95)
- In a multi-cell environment with a Provider VDC, shared networks appear as duplicate networks
When you configure a multi-cell environment with a Provider VDC and you navigate to the organization VDC networks, you see shared organization VDC networks as duplicate.
- Creating a new virtual machine with Flexible virtual network adapter type is not displayed properly in REST API response.
Creating a new virtual machine with Flexible virtual network adapter type is shown as PCNet32 in the REST API response.
- If you use the vCloud Director HTML5 user interface, you cannot configure message digest for IPSec VPN tunnels in your NSX Data Center for vSphere 6.4.X environment
If you use the vCloud Director HTML5 UI, you cannot configure message digest for IPSec VPN tunnels in your NSX Data Center for vSphere 6.4.X environment. If you enable SHA-256 hashing in NSX, vCloud Director overwrites it with the default SHA-1 hash.
- Merging two provider VDCs fails with a VXLAN network pool error
When you merge two provider VDCs, the transport zones merge successfully in NSX, but in the VXLAN network pool fails with the following error message:
Error Merging VXLAN network pools.
The issue is resolved in NSX 6.3.x.
If you configured vCloud Director with NSX 6.4.x, you must use the repair VXLAN network pool option to resolve the issue.
- Adding an affinity rule for a VM with multiple disks fails if the virtual machine disks don't use the same storage policy
Adding a VM affinity rule fails with a
PlacementException NO_FEASIBLE_PLACEMENT_SOLUTIONerror message if the virtual machine disks don't use the same storage policy.
- You are unable to set the vNIC adapter type of a new VM vNIC in vCloud Director Tenant Portal
In the Tenant Portal of vCloud Director 9.5, when creating a new vNIC, you cannot specify its adapter type.
- Creation of an organization VDC network with a routed connection fails
If the NAT rules configured on the Edge Gateway are missing the <ruleTag> element, creating an organization VDC network with a routed connection fails with an error message.
Number must not be null.
- vApp Authors and vApp Users are unable to view routed vApp networks
When a vApp Author or vApp User tries to view a routed vApp network they are shown a never-ending loading spinner.
- After changing the health check mode configuration on a load balancer, URI value is empty
When you change the health check mode configuration on a non Advanced Gateway load balancer, the URI value is empty.
- The vCloud Director WebMKS console sends incorrect Ctrl+Alt+Delete input to the guest OS
The version of WebMKS, used in vCloud Director 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, and 9.7, sends incorrect codes to the guest OS when you send the
- A pre-defined IOPS value is not assigned to the storage policy of a virtual machine
Even though you have pre-configured the default storage policy value for a VDC storage profile, the value of the storage policy of the virtual machine is set to
- Login to the vCloud Director web console of a provider organization by using a SAML authentication, resolved an incorrect URL
If you try to login to the vCloud Director web console of your provider organization, and you use SAML authentication, the resolved URL references to
- Imported virtual machine shows Invalid state after updating the storage policy
After you update the storage policy of a imported virtual machine, the status of the virtual machine appears as
Invalidunder Hosts and Clusters drop down menu in vSphere Client.
- After a migration from Oracle to a PostgreSQL database, the power on VMs operation fails intermittently
After a migration from an Oracle database to a PostgreSQL database, powering on VMs fails intermittently due to an internal server error
- Logout from a site in a Multisite vCloud Director environment fails
You use SAML authentication to login to a Multisite vCloud Director environment. When you attempt to logout from one of the sites, the process fails and you are not able to logout.
- In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, opening the details of a routed vApp network fails
You login to the vCloud Director Tenant Portal as a vApp user and you navigate to vApps > vApp > Network. After you click on the vApp network, a UI spinner appears and does not stop spinning. In the browser console you see a java script error.
TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of null
- When moving a vApp to another virtual data center, the filter for a destination VDC is inactive
When you move a vApp to another virtual data center and you try to search through the VDC filter in the UI, nothing happens. Clicking on Next Page also fails.
- Cannot search vApp template by name, catalog and owner
When you navigate in the H5 tenant portal to Libraries > vApp templates and you try to filter the vApp templates by name, catalog and owner the search process fails with error 400.
- You cannot select the option to share a newly added network with other VDCs in the same organization
In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, you want to add a routed organization virtual data center network by navigating to Networks > New. When you enter the organization VDC settings, the Share this network with other VDCs in this organization checkbox is inactive and you cannot select it.
- NEW You cannot move a vApp from your current organization VDC to another organization VDC
In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, when you attempt to move a vApp from your current organization VDC to another organization VDC, in the Select destination vApp wizzard you cannot select a vApp outside your current organization VDC.
Workaround: To move a vApp from your current organization VDC to another organization VDC, use the vCloud Director Web console.
- NEW You cannot delete organization VDC networks from the vCloud Director Tenant Portal
When you have an organization VDC network assigned to a vApp that is connected to a virtual machine, an attempt to delete the organization VDC network from the vCloud Director Tenant Portal fails with the following error message.
Entity to-be-deleted cannot be deleted, because it is in use.
Workaround: To delete an organization VDC network follow the steps.
- Log in to the vCloud Director Web console as an administrator.
- Navigate to System > Organizations and select your organization name.
A window with all vApps, associated to your organization opens.
- Select the organization VDC vApp and navigate to the Networking tab.
- Right-click the organization VDC network you want to delete and select Delete.
- To complete the deletion, click Apply.
- NEW Newly added network interface to a virtual machine is not connected
In vCloud Director Tenant Portal, when you add a new network interface to a virtual machine, the Connected check box for the vNIC is not connected by default.
Workaround: To configure for the new vNIC to have network connection, you must manually select the Connected check box.
- In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, the Networks page does not display all of the existing organization VDC networks
If the network is in Provider that is backed by multiple clusters, the Networks page under Datacenters does not display the full list of available organization VDC networks.
Workaround: Use the vCloud Director Web console.
- Existing organization VDC networks are not showing operational status in the vCloud Director Tenant Portal
In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, when you navigate to Networking > Networks, some of the organization VDC networks do not show a operational status.
Workaround: Update a property of the organization VDC network by following the steps in the Edit an Organization Virtual Data Center Network procedure.