You subscribe to an external catalog feed to allow your organization access to a catalog from an outside source.
An external catalog is one provided by a source that is not an organization in the same vCloud Director installation as your organization.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined Organization Administrator role or an equivalent set of rights.
The system administrator must grant your organization permission to subscribe to external catalogs.
- Click Catalogs and select My Organization's Catalogs in the left pane.
- Click Add Catalog and type a name and optional description for the catalog feed.
- Select Subscribe to an external catalog and click Next.
- Select the type of storage to use for this catalog feed and click Next.
Option Description Use any available storage in the organization This catalog feed uses any available storage in the organization. Pre-provision storage on specific storage policy Select a virtual datacenter storage policy to use for this catalog feed and click Add.
- Click Add Members.
- Select which users and groups in the organization can access this catalog feed and click OK.
Option Description Everyone in this organization All users and groups in the organization have access to this catalog feed. Specific users and groups Select users or groups to which to grant catalog feed access and click Add.
- Click Add Organizations.
- Select which organizations on this vCloud Director installation can access this catalog feed and click OK.
Option Description All organizations All organizations in the vCloud Director installation have access to this catalog feed. Specific organizations Select the organizations to which to grant catalog feed access and click Add.
- Click Next.
- Review the catalog feed settings and click Finish.