You can migrate virtual machines from one resource pool to another on the same provider virtual datacenter. You can migrate virtual machines to populate a recently added resource pool, to depopulate a resource pool you plan to decommission, or to manually balance the provider virtual datacenter's resources.
Virtual machines that are part of a reservation pool organization virtual datacenter cannot be migrated. Templates and media should be migrated separately using datastore migration.
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab and click Provider VDCs in the left pane.
- Right-click the provider virtual datacenter name and select Open.
- Click the Resource Pools tab.
- Right-click the resource pool name and select Open.
- Right-click the virtual machine name and select Migrate to.
Hold down Ctrl and click to select multiple virtual machines.
- Choose how to select the destination resource pool for the virtual machine.
Option Description Automatically select a resource pool vCloud Director chooses the destination resource pool for the virtual machines based on the current resource balance of all available resource pools. Manually select a resource pool Select a resource pool from the list of available resource pools to which to migrate the virtual machines to .
- Click OK.