An isolated organization VDC network provides a private network to which virtual machines in the organization VDC can connect. This network provides no connectivity to machines outside this organization VDC.
With the vCloud Director Web Console, you can create an isolated VDC network that is backed by a network pool. To create an isolated VDC network that is backed by an NSX-T logical switch, you must use the Service Provider Admin Portal. For information about managing NSX-T organization virtual data center networks, see vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal Guide.
You can create only an IPv4 isolated organization VDC network.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined Organization Administrator role or an equivalent set of rights.
- The organization VDC must include a network pool. By default, all organization VDCs are created with a VXLAN network pool.
- On the Administration tab, click Virtual Datacenters in the left pane.
- Double-click an organization VDC name to open the organization VDC.
- Click the Org VDC Networks tab and click Add Network.
- Select Create an isolated network within this virtual datacenter, then click Next.
- On the Configure Network page, enter a Network CIDR for the new network.
Use the format network_gateway_IP_address/subnet_prefix_length, for example, 220.127.116.11/24.
- (Optional) Configure DNS settings for the network.
If you want DNS services to be available to VMs that connect to this network, you can configure those settings now. You can update these settings later if you need to by editing the properties of this network.
Option Description Use gateway DNS This option, which configures the network to use the same DNS settings as the Edge Gateway, is available only if the gateway has the Use default gateway for DNS relay property enabled. Primary DNS, Secondary DNS, DNS suffix If you do not select Use gateway DNS, you can provide your own DNS configuration values
- (Optional) Configure static IP addresses for this network.
If you want this network to reserve one or more addresses for assignment to VMs that require a static IP address, enter the address or range of addresses and click Add. Repeat this step to add multiple static IP pools.
- Click Next.
- Type a name and optional description for the network.
- (Optional) Select Share this network with other VDCs in the organization to make the organization VDC network available in other VDCs in the organization.
- (Optional) Create or update metadata for this object.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Click Next.
- Review the network settings.
Click Finish to accept the settings and create the network, or click Back to modify the settings.