You can add a network pool backed by port groups to register vSphere port groups for vCloud Director to use. Unlike other types of network pools, a port group-backed network pool does not require a vSphere distributed switch and can support port groups associated with third-party distributed switches.
Verify that one or more port groups are available in vSphere. The port groups must be available on each ESXi host in the cluster, and each port group must use only a single VLAN. Port groups with or without VLAN trunking are supported.
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab and click Network Pools in the left pane.
- Click Add Network Pool.
- Select vSphere Port Group-backed and click Next.
- Select a vCenter Server and click Next.
- Select one or more port groups, click Add, and click Next.
You can create one network for each port group.
- Type a name and optional description for the network and click Next.
- Review the network pool settings and click Finish.
What to do next
You can now create an organization virtual datacenter network that the network pool backs, or associate the network pool with an organization virtual datacenter and create vApp networks.