If the connection information for a vCenter Server instance changes, or if you want to change how its name or description appears in vCloud Director, you can modify its settings.
Important: This procedure applies only to attached vCenter Server instances that are associated with NSX Manager instances. To retrieve and manage vCenter Server instances that are not associated with NSX Manager instances, you must use the vCloud API.
- On the Manage & Monitor tab, in the left pane, click vCenters.
- Right-click the target vCenter Server name and click Properties.
- On the General tab, edit the settings and click OK.
Option Description Host name or IP address FQDN or IP address of the vCenter Server instance Port Number HTTPS port of the vCenter Server instance User name User name of the administrator vCenter Single Sign-On account Password Password of the vCenter Single Sign On administrator user vCenter name Name for the vCenter Server instance in vCloud Director Description Optional description for the vCenter Server instance invCloud Director vSphere Web Client URL Optional URL of the vCenter Server vSphere Web Client.
- If you configured the vCloud Director installation to use the vSphere Lookup Service, select Use vSphere Services to provide this URL.
- If the vCloud Director installation is not configured to use the vSphere Lookup Service, select Use the following URL and enter the URL manually.