You can add one or more secondary resource pools to a Provider VDC so that Pay-As-You-Go and Allocation Pool organization virtual data centers that the provider virtual data center provides can expand.
When compute resources are backed by multiple resource pools, they can expand to accommodate more virtual machines.
- Verify that you created the target secondary resource pools in the vCenter Server instance that supplies the primary resource pool of the Provider VDC.
Log in to the vCloud Director Web Console as a system administrator.
- On the Manage & Monitor tab, in the left pane, click Provider VDCs .
- Right-click the provider virtual data center name, and click Open.
- On the Resource Pools tab, click Attach Resource Pool.
- Select the resource pool to add, and click Finish.
vCloud Director adds a resource pool for the provider virtual data center to use, making elastic all Pay-As-You-Go and Allocation Pool organization virtual data centers backed by the provider virtual data center.
vCloud Director also adds a System VDC resource pool beneath the new resource pool. This resource pool is used for the creation of system resources such as NSX edge VMs and VMs that serve as a template for linked clones.