You can add a VLAN-backed network pool to register vSphere VLAN IDs for vCloud Director to use. A VLAN-backed network pool provides the best security, scalability, and performance for organization virtual datacenter networks.
Verify that a range of VLAN IDs and a vSphere distributed switch are available in vSphere. The VLAN IDs must be valid IDs that are configured in the physical switch to which the ESXi servers are connected.
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab and click Network Pools in the left pane.
- Click Add Network Pool.
- Select VLAN-backed and click Next.
- Type a range of VLAN IDs and click Add.
You can create one network for each VLAN ID.
- Select a vCenter Server and vSphere distributed switch and click Next.
- Type a name and optional description for the network and click Next.
- Review the network pool settings and click Finish.
What to do next
You can now create an organization virtual datacenter network that is backed by the network pool or associate the network pool with an organization virtual datacenter and create vApp networks.