You can configure low disk space thresholds on a datastore to receive an email from vCloud Director when the datastore reaches a specific threshold of available capacity. These warnings alert you to a low disk situation before it becomes a problem.
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab and click Provider VDCs in the left pane.
- Right-click the provider virtual data center name and select Open.
- Click the Datastores tab.
- Right-click the datastore name and select Properties.
- Select the disk space thresholds for the datastore.
You can set two thresholds, yellow and red. When you set thresholds on a stand-alone datastore, they apply only to that datastore. If you set thresholds on a storage POD, they apply to all datastores in the storage POD. By default, vCloud Director sets the red threshold to 15% and the yellow threshold to 25% of the stand-alone datastore or POD's total capacity.
Because the default thresholds on a storage POD are based on the total POD capacity, the thresholds might exceed the capacity of individual datastores within the POD. When setting thresholds on a storage POD, consider the capacity of each datastore in the POD and set thresholds manually rather than accepting the default threshold configurations.
- Click OK.