Register and extension to offer vFabric Data Director or Cloud Foundry services in vCloud Director.
- Enable service offering integration in vCloud Director. See Using the vCloud API to Enable and Configure vCloud Director Service Offering Integration.
- Verify that you are using a supported version of vFabric Data Director or Cloud Foundry. See Managing Service Offerings.
- Verify that you have the URL or IP address of the vFabric Data Director or Cloud Foundry installation accessible.
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab and click Extensions.
- Click Add.
- Select the extension type from the drop-down menu.
Option Description Data Director Register a VMware vFabric Data Director extension. vCloud Director supports VMware vFabric Data Director version 2.7 services. Cloud Foundry Register a Cloud Foundry extension. vCloud Director supports Cloud Foundry platform version 1.0 services.
- Type the namespace for the extension.
- Type name and optional description for the extension.
- Type the URL or IP address of the vFabric Data Director or Cloud Foundry installation to use for the extension.
- Type the user name and user password for the extension, and click OK.
What to do next
Associate the extension's service offerings with virtual datacenters. See Associate a Service Offering With an Organization Virtual Datacenter.