If you plan your vCloud Director installation to use network resources from NSX Data Center for vSphere, you must install and configure NSX Data Center for vSphere and associate a unique NSX Manager instance with each vCenter Server instance that you plan to include in your vCloud Director installation.
NSX Manager is included in the NSX Data Center for vSphere download. For the most recent information about compatibility between vCloud Director and other VMware products, see the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices at http://partnerweb.vmware.com/comp_guide/sim/interop_matrix.php. For information about the network requirements, see Network Configuration Requirements for vCloud Director.
- Perform the installation task for the NSX Manager virtual appliance.
See the NSX Installation Guide.
- Log in to the NSX Manager virtual appliance that you installed and confirm the settings that you specified during installation.
- Associate the NSX Manager virtual appliance that you installed with the vCenter Server system that you plan to add to vCloud Director in your planned vCloud Director installation.
- Configure VXLAN support in the associated NSX Manager instances.
vCloud Director creates VXLAN network pools to provide network resources to Provider VDCs. If VXLAN support is not configured in the associated NSX Manager, Provider VDCs show a network pool error, and you must create a different type of network pool and associate it with the Provider VDC. For details about configuring VXLAN support, see the NSX Administration Guide.
- (Optional) If you want Edge Gateways in the system to provide distributed routing, set up an NSX Controller cluster.
See the NSX Administration Guide.