After you deploy the vCloud Director appliance, you can examine the firstboot and database logs for errors and warnings.
- Log in directly or SSH to the vCloud Director appliance console as root.
- Navigate to /opt/vmware/var/log.
- Examine the log files.
- The firstboot file contains logging information related to the first boot of the appliance.
- The /opt/vmware/var/log/vcd/ directory contains logs related to the Replication Manager (repmgr) tool suite setup and reconfiguration and appliance synchronization.
- The /opt/vmware/var/log/vcd/pg/ directory contains logs related to the backup of the embedded appliance database.
- The /opt/vmware/etc/vami/ovfEnv.xml file contains the deployment OVF parameters.