As a system administrator, you can create an organization virtual data center network by importing a logical switch from an associated NSX-T Manager instance.
- The provider virtual data center that backs the target organization virtual data center must be associated with an NSX-T Manager instance.
- You created at least one NSX-T logical switch that is not in use by other organization virtual data center networks.
For information about configuring NSX-T logical switches, see the NSX-T Administration Guide. For information, about creating a Provider VDC backed by an NSX-T Manager instance, see vCloud API Programming Guide for Service Providers.
- Navigate to the vCloud Director Tenant Portal of the target organization.
You are redirected to Datacenters view of the vCloud Director Tenant Portal for this organization.
- From the main menu (), select Cloud Resources.
- Under Organizations, click the name of the target organization.
- If there are multiple VDCs in the organization, click the card of the target organization VDC.
- In the left panel, under Networks, click Network.
- Click Import.
The Import Logical Switch wizard appears.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description for the new organization VDC network, and click Next.
- From the list of available NSX-T logical switches, select the target switch by clicking the radio button next to the switch name, and click Next.
- Enter the network Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) settings.
Use the format network_gateway_IP_address/subnet_prefix_length, for example, 188.8.131.52/24.
If the switch is configured with a subnet, this information is prepopulated.
- (Optional) Configure the DNS settings and the static IP pool.
You can add multiple IP addresses and IP ranges.
- Click Next.
- Review the Ready to Complete page and click Finish.