If the upload process is interrupted, paused, or cancelled you can resume it.
If you have to pause the upload or download of a vApp template (in OVF form), you can resume the upload later.
- If you log out of vCloud Director and log in, transfer history is lost. You cannot resume the upload.
- The default timeout for pending transfer sessions is 60 minutes. See VMware Knowledge Base article https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2149250 for information about changing this default.
- During pending or stopped transfers, the session keep alive heartbeat kicks in every 15 minutes. To ensure that the session does not time out while tasks are paused, make sure the session timeout value is more than 15 minutes.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined Catalog Author role or an equivalent set of rights.
- In the Launch Uploads and Downloads Progress Window, click Pause or Cancel.
The status changes to Stopped in the progress window and Waiting in the vApp Template page.
- In the Launch Uploads and Downloads Progress Window, click Resume.
The upload or download process resumes.
- Monitor the progress in the Launch Uploads and Downloads Progress Window .