You can import an existing virtual machine to a vApp from vSphere
Note: Importing a virtual machine does not retain the VM reservation, limit, and shares settings that are configured in vCenter Server. Imported virtual machines obtain their resource allocation settings from the organization virtual data center on which they reside.
Verify that you are a system administrator.
- Click the My Cloud tab and click vApps in the left pane.
- Right-click the vApp and select Open.
- On the Virtual Machines tab, click Import from vSphere.
- Select the source vCenter server from the drop-down menu and select the virtual machine to import.
- Enter a name for the imported virtual machine.
- (Optional) Enter a description for the imported virtual machine.
- (Optional) Select a storage policy for the imported virtual machine.
- Choose whether to copy the virtual machine or to move it from the source vCenter server, and click OK.