Edit an affinity or anti-affinity rule to enable or disable the rule, add or remove virtual machines, or change the rule's name.
This operation requires the Organization vDC: VM-VM Affinity Edit right. This right is included in the predefined Catalog Author, vApp Author, and Organization Administrator roles.
- Click My Cloud.
- Click VMs in the left pane and click the Affinity Rules tab.
- Right click the rule to modify, and select Edit Rule.
- (Optional) Type a new Rule Name to rename the rule.
- (Optional) Select a virtual machine from the top Virtual Machines list and click Add to add the selected virtual machine to the rule.
Repeat this step to add multiple virtual machines.
- (Optional) Select a virtual machine from the bottom Virtual Machines list and click Remove to remove the selected virtual machine from the rule.
Repeat this step to remove multiple virtual machines.
- (Optional) Select Enabled to enable the rule or deselect Enable to disable the rule.
- Click OK to apply the changes to the rule.