You can configure certain vApp networks to provide DHCP services to virtual machines in the vApp.
After you enable DHCP for a vApp network, connect a NIC on a virtual machine in the vApp to that network, and select DHCP as the IP mode for that NIC. When you start vCloud Director, the virtual machine is assigned a DHCP IP address.
A routed vApp network or an isolated vApp network.
- Click the My Cloud tab and click vApps in the left pane.
- Right-click a vApp and click Open.
- Click the Networking tab.
- Right-click the vApp network and select Configure Services.
- On the DHCP tab, select Enable DHCP.
- Enter a range of IP addresses.
vCloud Director uses these IP addresses to satisfy DHCP requests. The range of the DHCP IP addresses cannot overlap the static IP pool for the vApp network.
- Set the default lease time and maximum lease time or use the default values and click OK.
- Click Apply.