Add an anti-affinity rule to place a specific group of virtual machines across multiple hosts to prevent simultaneous failure of those virtual machines in the event that a single host fails.
- Click My Cloud.
- Click VMs in the left pane and click the Affinity Rules tab.
- In the Anti-Affinity Rules section, click the New Rule button.
- Type a Rule Name for the new affinity rule.
- (Optional) Type a virtual machine name or partial virtual machine name and click the blue arrow button to filter the Virtual Machines list.
- Select a virtual machine to add to the affinity rule and click Add.
Repeat this step to add additional virtual machines to the rule.
- (Optional) Deselect Enabled to create the rule without enabling it.
- Click OK to create the new rule.
vCloud Director places the virtual machines associated with the anti-affinity rule across multiple hosts.