If your newly created virtual machine has no guest operating system, you must install it before you can install VMware Tools.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined vApp User role or an equivalent set of rights.
You must have created a vApp that includes a blank virtual machine.
- Click My Cloud.
- In the left pane, select .
- On the Virtual Machines tab, select a virtual machine, right-click, and select Power On.
- Log into the virtual machine console and install the guest operating system.
- Install VMware Tools.
- Power off the virtual machine.
- Select the virtual machine, right-click and select Properties.
- On the Guest OS Customization tab, select the Enable guest customization check box.
- Power the virtual machine on.
The guest OS in your newly created virtual machine has been customized.