vCloud Director 220.127.116.11 for Service Providers | 23 JAN 2020 | Build Build 15498290 (installed build 15498291)
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
- What's New
- System Requirements and Installation
- Previous Releases of vCloud Director 9.7.x for Service Providers
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
The vCloud Director 18.104.22.168 for Service Providers Express Patch Release provides bug fixes, updates the vCloud Director appliance base OS and the vCloud Director open-source components. The release resolves CVE-2019-11477 and CVE-2019-11478, for more information see https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.
System Requirements and Installation
For more information about system requirements and installation instructions, see vCloud Director 9.7 for Service Providers Release Notes.
To access the full set of product documentation, go to VMware vCloud Director for Service Providers Documentation.
Previous Releases of vCloud Director 9.7.x for Service Providers
- New The status of a load balancer pool server is displayed as red
In the vCloud Director Web Console, the status of a load balancer pool server is displayed as red (Down), even if the pool server operational status is green (Up) in the vSphere Web Client.
- When you enable the Syn Flood protection through the NSX API, subsequent firewall changes in vCloud Director disables the SynFlood protection
After enabling the SynFlood protection by executing requests to the NSX API, subsequent firewall changes to the edge gateway revert the
- Adding a new or updating an existing distributed firewall rule in the vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal fails
If your vCloud Director is configured with NSX Data Center for vSphere 6.4.5, when you add a new or update an existing firewall rule, the operation fails with an error message:
Precondition failed. Please update the current configuration with latest generation Number.
- In the vCloud Director Web console, the direct organization virtual data center (VDC) network gateway always uses the first subnet of an external network
For an organization VDC that has an external network with multiple subnets, when you connect to the external network by using a direct route, the organization VDC network gateway uses the first configured subnet. The issue occurs even if the subnet is disabled.
- Creating a new vApp from a vApp template fails
In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, when you try to create a new vApp from a vApp template, on the Ready to complete page you receive an error message.
The reference cannot be parsed correctly. Reason: no server authority
- After removing the default static route IP address for an edge gateway, all of its associated static routes are automatically deleted
In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal or the vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal, when you remove the default static route IP address for an edge gateway, all of the associated static routes are deleted from the Static Routes page.
- Opening virtual machine console in the vCloud Director Tenant Portal causes a slowdown in the performance
If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer to access the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, when you open a VM console, vCloud Director experiences a slowdown in the performance due to excessive CPU usage.
- Quiescing or pausing the primary cell in a multi-cell environment does not restart the periodical tasks on the secondary cell
In a multi-cell environment, when you quiesce or pause the primary cell, the periodical tasks that are running in the background of the primary cell are not started from the secondary cell.
- Configuring virtual server for load balancing fails
In the vCloud Director Web Console, when you add a virtual server IP as an edge gateway for load balancing, you receive an error message.
Virtual server IP should be part of the subnet of network.
- Backing up the vCloud Director appliance database fails
If you use a cron job to back up the vCloud Director appliance embedded database, the log file, located at /var/log/cron show that the backup operation has failed.
- You are not able to share a vApp with other groups in your organization
In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, when you try to share a vApp with other groups in your organization, the Groups tab is missing from the dashboard and you cannot select the name of the organization.
- vApp user cannot edit the properties of a virtual machine in the vCloud Director Tenant Portal
When you log in as a vApp user to the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, editing the VM properties fails with an error message.
Either you need some or all of the following rights
- You cannot assign a storage policy to a newly created catalog
In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, after you create a new catalog and select a specific storage policy, the catalog uses any of the storage policies within the organization, instead of the policy you selected.
- You cannot add a virtual machine to a vApp by using a template
In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, when you try to add a VM to a vApp by using template, the OK button on the New VMs wizard is disabled and you cannot create the VM.
- When you edit the properties of an edge gateway, that is configured for high availability you receive an error message
If you change the interface of an organization VDC edge gateway from sub interface, when you try to edit the edge gateway properties, you receive an error message.
No subnet participation specified for external network.
- Branding links are in incorrect order when Microsoft SQL database is used
If you use Microsoft SQL for a vCloud Director database, when you try to add custom links for portal branding of the vCloud Director Tenant Portal and the vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal by using API, the links appear in incorrect order.
- In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, increasing the virtual machine hard disk size fails with an error message
If a VM is associated with an organization VDC that has Elastic Allocation Pool model enabled, when you try to increase the hard disk size of this VM, you receive an error message.
Hub "Provider VDC" doesn't meet compute requirement: MemoryMBMin:8192
- vCloud Director cells are restarting randomly
If there is excessive CPU usage of a vCloud Director cell, system administrators receive a notification emails that the cells are restarting randomly.
- Editing the properties of an edge gateway fails with an error message
Editing the properties of an edge gateway, which IPsec VPN site is configured with subnet_prefix_length of 32 or higher, fails with an
- Generating a self-signed SSL certificate, containing DNS name spaces that start with a number, fails
If the certificate Common Name contains DNS name spaces that start with a number, using the
generate-certscommand of the cell management tool to generate self-signed SSL certificates for the HTTP and Console Proxy endpoints fails with an error message.
java.io.IOException: DNSName components must begin with a letter
- Migrating virtual machines from one cluster to another fails when the organization VDC is with enabled Elastic Allocation Pool model
If a VM is associated with an organization VDC with enabled Elastic Allocation Pool model, migrating this VM from on cluster to another, the operation fails with an
- New When you associate two vCloud Director appliance sites, pre-existing objects are not visible across the sites
If you make a site association and your sites have pre-existing objects like organizations, organization VDCs, vApps, VMs, you cannot see the pre-existing objects across sites. The HTML 5 UI displays an Internal server error message. The issue occurs during multisite fanout communication because the
/etc/hostsfile of the vCloud Director appliance does not have correct contents.
- With AES-GCM as encryption algorithm for IPsec VPN, opening the properties of an edge gateway fails
If during configuration of the IPsec VPN sites you selected
AES-GCMas the encryption algorithm, viewing the properties of an edge gateway with enabled the IPsec VPN service fails with an error message.
Workaround: Use other encryption algorithm than the
- You cannot create a new standalone virtual machine that uses custom storage policy
In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, when you create a new standalone VM by using a template and you select the custom storage policy option, the deployment of the VM fails with an error message.
HTTP 400 Bad Request
Workaround: To assign a custom storage policy to a new VM:
- Create the standalone VM on the default storage policy.
- After the standalone VM is created, edit the VM properties and change from default storage policy to a custom storage policy.