vCloud Director 184.108.40.206 for Service Providers | 30 APR 2020 | Build 16082348 (installed build 16081827)
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
- What's New
- System Requirements and Installation
- Previous Releases of vCloud Director 9.7.x for Service Providers
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
The vCloud Director 220.127.116.11 for Service Providers Express Patch Release provides bug fixes, updates the vCloud Director appliance base OS and the vCloud Director open-source components.
System Requirements and Installation
For more information about system requirements and installation instructions, see vCloud Director 9.7 for Service Providers Release Notes.
To access the full set of product documentation, go to VMware vCloud Director for Service Providers Documentation.
Previous Releases of vCloud Director 9.7.x for Service Providers
- Powering on a newly deployed vApp fails with an error message
In an organization VDC that is configured with multiple clusters, when you try to power on a newly deployed vApp, the operation fails with a
- CPU and memory reservation settings are not applied on a newly deployed VM
The issue occurs when you use vApp templates with configured CPU and memory reservation settings. When you deploy a new vApp from the template, the reservation settings are not applied on the new VMs.
- Adding an edge gateway firewall rule fails
In an edge gateway with enabled distributed logical routing, if you select a network with distributed routing interface as the source or destination for a new firewall rule, the operation fails with an error message.
Invalid vnicGroupId vnic-index-X is specified or vnic-index-X is being deleted but consumed in firewall rule id 0., error code 12008
- You cannot change the target VDC when creating a vApp from a catalog
When you initiate the creation of a new vApp from a vApp template stored in a catalog, vCloud Director selects automatically the source VDC, and you cannot change to the VDC in which you want to create the new vApp.
- Emails for expired vApps are sent to all members of an organization instead of sending them only to the organization administrator
When a vApp storage lease expires, an email notification is sent not only to the organization administrator, but also to all members of the same vCloud Director organization, irrespective of their assigned user role.
- Converting the interface of an organization VDC network from Internal to Subinterface fails
In the vCloud Director Web Console, when you try to convert the interface of an organization VDC network from Internal to Subinterface, the operation fails with an error message.
Logical switch Id 'id-of-logical-switch' of sub-interface index '10' and TRUNK vnic's backing distributed portgroup should be on the same switch., error code 10196
- Updating an existing IPsec VPN site or configuring a new IPsec VPN site, resets the IPsec VPN tunnel
On an edge gateway with a configured IPsec VPN connection between the sites, updating an existing or configuring a new IPsec VPN site resets the existing IPsec VPN tunnels.
- Updating the properties of an NSX edge gateway causes a redeployment of the same edge gateway
If you configure an NSX edge gateway as Large, when you update its properties, the vApp placement engine redeploys the same NSX edge gateway.
- Using the vCloud Director REST API to run a GET query might not return the full list with edge gateways
For an organization VDC configured with 1000 or more edge gateways, an API
GET /network/edgesquery does not return the full list of edge gateways in the organization VDC.
- vCloud Director organization administrators receive a bounce email from firstname.lastname@example.org
When vCloud Director sends alert email notifications to the default user account
email@example.com, the organization administrators receive a bounce email from
- In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, updating the existing source NAT (SNAT) rule configuration removes the destination IP address
On an edge gateway, updating the configuration of an existing SNAT rule removes the destination IP address.
- You can create a snapshot of a vApp or VM located outside your current organization VDC by using the API
If you have a local organization administrator credentials, by using the API you can create snapshots of vApps and VMs located in other organization VDCs.
- Adding a new virtual machine to a vApp fails
If your vApp external network is configured with multiple subnets, adding a new virtual machine to this vApp fails with an
Existing subnets cannot be deletederror message.
- Restarting the vCloud Director appliance resets the network interface static routing
After you restart the vCloud Director appliance, the network interface configurations for static routing are reset.
- The Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) slot numbers in a newly created from a template virtual machine are in incorrect order
In a new vApp, after you added a VM from a template, the PCI slot numbers in the resulting VM do not match the PCI slot numbers in the source VM template.
- Renaming a virtual machine deletes the existing Single Root I/O Virtualization enabled NIC
In a VM configured with a NIC that supports Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV), renaming the VM deletes the SR-IOV enabled NIC.
- Updating the properties of a virtual machine deletes the configured reservation settings for CPU and memory
In an organization VDC that has a reservation pool set, updating the properties of a VM resets the existing reservation settings for CPU and memory.
- You cannot select a predefined service when adding a new distributed firewall rule to an organization VDC
When you add a new distributed firewall rule to an organization VDC, the filter for selecting a predefined service of the new rule is case-sensitive and you cannot select the service.
- When using the vCloud Director API, reverting a vApp with multiple VMs to a snapshot fails
If you have multiple VMs in a vApp, when you try to revert the vApp to a snapshot by using an API, the operation fails with a
- vCloud Director Tenant Portal takes longer than the vRealize Orchestrator Client to display a workflow as completed
When the vRealize Orchestrator client runs the Deploy a new vApp workflow, if you add simultaneously multiple VMs to a VM group, the vCloud Director Tenant Portal takes longer than the vRealize Orchestrator Client to display the workflow as completed.
- With AES-GCM as encryption algorithm for IPsec VPN, opening the properties of an edge gateway fails
If during configuration of the IPsec VPN sites you selected AES-GCM as the encryption algorithm, viewing the properties of an edge gateway with enabled the IPsec VPN service fails with an error message.
Workaround: Use other encryption algorithm than the
- You cannot create a new standalone virtual machine that uses custom storage policy
In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, when you create a new standalone VM by using a template and you select the custom storage policy option, the deployment of the VM fails with an error message.
HTTP 400 Bad Request
Workaround: To assign a custom storage policy to a new VM:
- Create the standalone VM on the default storage policy.
- After the standalone VM is created, edit the VM properties and change from default storage policy to a custom storage policy.