The Script VM page of the DR plan wizard allows you to add custom scripts to run on a dedicated VM during plan execution as a recovery step.
Both Windows (Powershell) and Linux (Python) are supported for the script VM guest OS. You can use a script VM for testing and for real recovery operations.
Script VM restrictions:
- The script VM must have VMware Tools installed.
- The script VM must be available in the environment before the first step requiring a script call. In other words, the Script VM can be recovered as the first steps of a plan, or already running at the target site.
- From the page, select the Run script VM option.
- Enter the VM name on which the script is run and the vCenter where the VM is hosted.
- Once you have configured the script VM settings for the plan, you must decide when the script launches when the plan is running.