The third party upgrade script is part of the Cloud Foundation bundle and is located in the SDDC Manager VM.
About this task
In a multi-rack environment, you must upgrade third party software on rack 1 and then on the other racks in your datacenter.
- Using the root account, SSH to the 192.168.100.x IP address of the SDDC Manager VM on rack 1.
- Navigate to the following directory:
- Run the 3rd party upgrade script:
- In a multi-rack scenario, SSH to the SDDC Manager VM on each additional rack and run the following command.
cd /home/vrack/lcm/upgrade/vrm/<upgrade_id>/vrm-upgrade-vcf212-vcf213/ova_packages/ ./ova_packages_upgrade.sh VRM
- Reboot VMs in the following order.
VRM1 on rack 1
VRM VM on each additional rack