If you purchased an integrated system, your hardware partner sends you the system generated password for SDDC Manager along with the imaged rack. If you deployed Cloud Foundation on a ready system, you must have saved the SDDC Manager password. This password is not changed during password rotation. VMware strongly recommends that you change this password before creating workloads.
- In a command line window, SSH to the SDDC Manager on the rack.
- Login as root. Use the password provided to you by the partner (integrated system use case) or the one you saved after imaging the rack(ready system deployment use case.
- Type the following command to change the password:
- At the prompt, type and re-type the new password.
The SDDC Manager password is changed.
- Refresh the web browser window where you were running the Initial Setup wizard.
- Type in one of the following set of credentials:
superuser account username and password that you created during the initial setup
email@example.com user name and the password you noted down afer rotating it (credentials appear in the Single Sign On section in the output of the lookup-password command)
The dashboard page appears.
For information on how to administer and operate your data center's Cloud Foundation system, see the Administering VMware Cloud Foundation.