VMware Cloud Foundation 188.8.131.52 | 12 OCTOBER 2017
Cloud Foundation 184.108.40.206 is a minor patch release, resulting in abbreviated release notes. The content of the Cloud Foundation 2.2 release notes applies to version 220.127.116.11 as well.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
The VMware Cloud Foundation 18.104.22.168 release includes the following:
- Upgrade VMware Platform Services Controller and vCenter Server to 6.5 U1a (security fixes for PhotonOS). See VMware vCenter Server Appliance Photon OS Security Patches.
- Upgrade vSphere (ESXi) to ESXi-6.5.0-20171004001-standard patch. See Knowledge Base Article 2151061.
Cloud Foundation deploys the VMware SDDC Software Stack. For information about what is new in those products, as well as their known issues and resolved issues, see the release notes for those software versions. You can locate their release notes from their documentation landing pages at docs.vmware.com.
An issue specific to vSAN All Flash configurations may require you to contact VMware Global Support Services before performing the LCM upgrade. You may be required to first install an additional patch upgrade for ESXi.
For details, see the Knowledge Base article VMware ESXi 6.5, Patch Release ESXi650-201710401.
Installation and Upgrades Information
You can upgrade to Cloud Foundation 22.214.171.124 from a 2.2 deployment.
Supported Upgrade Paths
The following upgrade paths are supported in sequential manner:
- 2.2 to 126.96.36.199.
LCM Upgrade Bundles
The Cloud Foundation 188.8.131.52 software BOM contains the VMware software components described in the table below. This patch bundle is hosted on the VMware Depot site and available via the Lifecycle Management feature in SDDC Manager. See Lifecycle Management in the Administering VMware Cloud Foundation guide.
|Software Component||Date||Build Number|
|VMware Software Update, VMware Platform Services Controller||12 OCTOBER 2017||6671409|
|VMware Software Update, vCenter Server on vCenter Server Appliance||12 OCTOBER 2017||6671409|
|VMware Software Update, vSphere (ESXi)||12 OCTOBER 2017||6765664|
Before scheduling an upgrade, run the pre-check utility with the following command from the SDDC Manager Controller VM:
For more information on applying the patch bundle, see the following resources:
- Patching and Upgrading Cloud Foundation in the Administering VMware Cloud Foundation document
- VMware Cloud Foundation 2.2 Release Notes: LCM Known Issues
- ESXi update may fail on a VDI domain
While upgrading a VDI domain, ESXi update may fail on the stage “ESX UPGRADE VUM STAGE INSTALL UPDATE”.
Workaround: Wait for the update to be available again and retry upgrade.
- Out of sequence application of 184.108.40.206 bundles prevent application of 220.127.116.11 bundles on workload domain.
If a customer downloads both 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 bundles, and applies 126.96.36.199 bundles only to the Management domain, the 188.8.131.52 bundle shows as available and 184.108.40.206 bundles become unavailable for workload domains.
- If no updates have been applied yet, schedule 220.127.116.11 updates together for both Management and workload domains.
- If 18.104.22.168 bundles have been applied only to the Management domain, apply 22.214.171.124 Cloud Foundation bundles to the Management domain. The 126.96.36.199 bundles will then be available for workload domains.