To increase the physical resources that are associated with a management domain, you can expand that management domain.
- From the SDDC Manager dashboard, navigate to details page for the management domain you want to expand.
- In the Domain Details page, click EXPAND DOMAIN.
The Expand Domain wizard opens.
- At the Resources step, specify the resources to add to the management domain.
Expand Method - By Capacity
Type the amount of CPU, memory, and storage capacity to add to the management domain.
- Proceed to the next step by clicking Next.
- At the Review step, review the displayed information and then click Apply to begin the expansion workflow.
The Review page lists the hosts that the expansion process will add to the management domain to accommodate the requested capacity and the physical rack details for those hosts.
A message indicating the status of the workflow appears at the top of the Domain Details window. To confirm the progress of the expansion workflow's tasks, navigate to the System Status page and drill-down to the details about the workflow.
What to do next
If the host you added to the domain is at a lower version than the domain, follow the steps below.
Put the newly added host in maintenance mode via vCenter Web Client.
Upgrade the domain. See Patching and Upgrading Cloud Foundation.
After the host is upgraded, it comes out of maintenance mode.