Imaging the new management switch with VIA installs the necessary software on the switch.
- Management switch must be connected to the laptop or management host where VIA is installed.
- If VIA is installed on a laptop, the NIC port on the laptop must be connected to port 48 of the management switch.
- If VIA is installed on a management host, the management host must be connected to a private managed switch that is connected to port 48 of the management switch.
- Identify the Cloud Foundation version in your environment and ensure that the appropriate bundle and md5sum file is uploaded on VIA.
Note: Do not connect the management switch to any host before or during imaging.
- In the VIA user interface, click Imaging.
Ensure that you are in the Details tab.
- (Optional) Type a name and description for the imaging run.
- In Deployment Type, select Cloud Foundation Individual Deployment.
- In Device Type, select MGMT_SWITCH.
- Select the vendor and model number of the switch. The IP address is displayed.
- Click Start Imaging.
- Disconnect the switch from the laptop or management host.