All Windows servers that host IaaS components must meet certain requirements. Address requirements before you run the vRealize Automation Installation Wizard or the standard Windows-based installer.
- Place all IaaS Windows servers on the same domain. Do not use Workgroups.
- Each server needs the following minimum hardware.
- 2 CPUs
- 8 GB memory
- 40 GB disk storage
A server that hosts the SQL database together with IaaS components might need additional hardware.
- Because of the hardware resource demand, do not deploy on VMware Workstation.
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 or later.
A copy of .NET is available from any vRealize Automation appliance:
If you use Internet Explorer for the download, verify that Enhanced Security Configuration is disabled. Navigate to res://iesetup.dll/SoftAdmin.htm on the Windows server.
- Install Microsoft PowerShell 2.0, 3.0, or 4.0, based on your version of Windows.
Note that some vRealize Automation upgrades or migrations might require an older or newer PowerShell version, in addition to the one that you are currently running.
- If you install more than one IaaS component on the same Windows server, plan to install them to the same installation folder. Do not use different paths.
- Verify that the Secondary Log On service is running. If desired, you may stop the service after installation is complete.
- Verify that User Account Control (UAC) is disabled on the Windows server.
The UAC settings are located atsettings. For details, see the Microsoft server documentation.