During the bring-up process on the first rack, vRealize Log Insight is deployed and configured to collect logs from the management domain components (vCenter, NSX Manager, and SDDC Manager). To enable logging on VI and VDI workload domains, you must opt-in and agree to provide your own license for vRealize Log Insight. After you opt-in, Cloud Foundation automatically connects vRealize Log Insight to the workload domains. You can then enter the license key for vRealize Log Insight.
Once logging is enabled for workload domains, you cannot disable this setting.
- On the SDDC Manager Dashboard, navigate to .
- Click Enable Logging for Workload Domains.
- In the Logging for Workload Domains window, click Enable.
The IP addresses for the external vRealize Log Insight and Sys Log servers are displayed.
- Click Update.
- On the SDDC Manager Dashboard, click Licensing.
- Click .
- In the Add License window, type in the license key and an optional description.
- Click Verify.
- When the verification is successful, click Add.
Cloud Foundation connects vRealize Log Insight to workload domains.