Follow this procedure to replace the components of a server running in degraded mode. This procedure applies to the following components:
- power supply
- Host is operational and is reachable by vCenter Web Client.
- Management, vSAN, and vMotion networks must be available on the host
- The HDD and SSD disks on the host are in a good state.
- Log in to vSphere Web Client.
- Right-click the affected host and click Enter Maintenance Mode.
- If the host belongs to a domain, click Full Data Migration.
- On the Dashboard page, click VIEW DETAILS for Workload Domain and click the affected domain.
- Click the physical rack that contains the affected server.
- Scroll down to the Hosts section.
- In the HOST column, click the host name that shows a critical status (for example, N1 in the example below).
The Host Details page displays the details for this host.
- Click TURN OFF HOST.
- Pull the host out of the physical rack. Note the ports on the management and ToR switches it was connected to.
- Service the appropriate part.
- Put the host back in the physical rack and connect it to the management and ToR switches.
- Power on the host.
- In vSphere Web Client, right-click the host and click Exit Maintenance Mode.