The completed deployment parameter worksheet is converted to a JSON file format which is used during the Cloud Foundation deployment process.
- Using a file transfer utility, upload the deployment parameters sheet to the /home/admin directory on the Cloud Foundation Builder VM.
Given the sensitivity of data in the deployment parameters sheet, you must treat it with appropriate care.
- Using SSH, login to the Cloud Foundation Builder VM as the admin user with credentials provided during the VM deployment.
- Copy the deployment parameter sheet to the directory where it needs to be converted to the JSON format.
sudo cp /home/admin/xlsx_file /opt/vmware/sddc-support/cloud_admin_tools/JsonGenerator
- Navigate to the folder that contains the JSON generator.
- Run the following command.
sudo python JsonGenerator.pyc -i /opt/vmware/sddc-support/cloud_admin_tools/JsonGenerator/xlsx_file -d vcf-ems
The JSON file is placed in the /opt/vmware/sddc-support/cloud_admin_tools/Resources/vcf-ems directory.
- Copy the JSON file to the following directory so that it can be accessed by the admin user:
sudo mv /opt/vmware/sddc-support/cloud_admin_tools/Resources/vcf-ems/vcf-ems.json /home/admin/
- Change the file ownership:
sudo chown admin:users /home/admin/vcf-ems.json
- Using a file transfer utility, download the /home/admin/vcf-ems.json file to the computer where you are accessing the Cloud Foundation Builder UI.