Configure network access and security between vRealize Automation and your Microsoft SQL Server instance using Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC). MSDTC coordinates transactions that update two or more transaction-protected resources, such as databases, message queues, file systems. These transaction-protected resources may be on a single computer, or distributed across many networked computers.
- Log in to the Microsoft SQL Server virtual machine as an administrative account using a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) client.
- From the Start menu, click Run, type comexp.msc in the Open text box, and click OK.
The Component Services manager displays. Component Services lets you manage Component Object Model (COM+) applications.
- In the navigation tree, select .
- Right-click Local DTC and click Properties.
The Local DTC Properties dialog box displays.
- Click the Security tab in the Local DTC Properties dialog box.
- In the Security tab, configure the following values, and click OK.
Setting Value Network DTC Access Selected Allow Remote Clients Selected Allow Remote Administration Selected Allow Inbound Selected Allow Outbound Selected Mutual Authentication Required Selected Enable XA Transactions Deselected Enable SNA LU 6.2 Transactions Selected Account Leave the default setting (NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService) Password Leave blank
- Click Yes to restart the MSDTC Service, click OK to confirm that the service has successfully restarted, and close the Component Services manager.