Enterprise PKS is not a part of the VMware Cloud Foundation Bill of Materials starting from release 3.10.2 and version compatibilty between Enterprise PKS and NSX-T Data Center is not maintained. Hence, you must upgrade Enterprise PKS workload domains in your environment before upgrading NSX-T workload domains.
- Retrieve the SSH key configured for Pivotal Operations Manager in your current environment.
- In the navigation bar, click Workload Domains.
- In the PKS section, click Details.
- Click the link for the appropriate PKS domain and copy the solution ID from the link. An example link is as follows:
The solution ID in this link is d695d9a0-fe5f-4efb-ac3c-ff6b09f44a5b.
- Using SSH, log in to the SDDC Manager VM and run the following command.
curl localhost/solutions/discovery/pks-solution-id/opsmanagersshkey | jq -r '.sshKey'where you replace pks-solution-id with the key you retrieved in step 1c.
- Copy the SSH key and store it.
- Upgrade to VMware Cloud Foundation 3.10.2.
- Prepare the SSH public key for Pivotal Operations Manager upgrade by running the following command:
ssh-keygen -y -f opsmanagerssh.key > opsmanagerssh.pubwhere you replace opsmanagerssh.key with the file name where the SSH key you retrieved in step 1e is stored.The public key is stored in the outputkey.pub file.
- Upgrade Pivotal Operations Manager to 2.9.17-build.232 with the public key you obtained in step 3. See Upgrading Ops Manager.
- Upgrade Enterprise PKS to 1.8.2 build 3 via Pivotal Operations Manager. See Upgrading Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition with Ops Manager.
- Upgrade to Enterprise PKS 1.9.4. See Upgrading Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition with Ops Manager.