Ensure that the following prerequisites are met before starting an upgrade.
For a sequential upgrade, VMware Cloud Foundation use the prerequisites listed here. For skip-level upgrades, see the prerequisites in Perform an Online Skip-Level Upgrade and Perform an Offline Skip-Level Upgrade.
- Take a backup of the SDDC Manager VM. This is required since the SDDC Manager VM will be rebooted during the upgrade.
- Take a snapshot of the management VMs.
- Do not run any domain operations while an upgrade is in progress. Domain operations are creating a new VI domain, adding hosts to a cluster or adding a cluster to a workload domain, and removing clusters or hosts from a workload domain.
- You must have downloaded the upgrade bundles. See Downloading Bundles.
- Ensure that there are no failed workflows in your system and none of the Cloud Foundation resources are in activating or error state. If any of these conditions are true, resolve the issue before starting the upgrade.
- Confirm that the passwords for all VMware Cloud Foundation components are valid.