A decommissioned host must be cleaned up before it can be assigned to a workload domain. You can use the SoS utility on the SDDC Manager VM to perform host cleanup.
- IP address
- User name and password (root credentials)
- Using SSH, log in to the SDDC Manager VM with the following credentials:
Password: use the password specified in the deployment parameter sheet
- Enter su to switch to the root user.
- Change to the /opt/vmware/sddc-support directory.
- Edit decommissioned_host_cleanup_sample.json to include information for the host(s) you want to clean up.
- Type the following command:
./sos --cleanup-decommissioned-host /opt/vmware/sddc-support/decommissioned_host_cleanup_sample.json
What to do next
You can now commission the host to the Cloud Foundation inventory and add it to a workload domain.